Understand the three keys to attracting great tenants, the people any landlord would be happy to have living in their investment property. Here’s how we see the art of attracting the best tenants for our landlords
The best tenants are successful professionals in good jobs. They tend to be busy people who don’t have the time to view every available property. If your presentation of the three key factors is not as it should be, they may ignore your property.
The successful search for a good tenant revolves around these three factors - Price, Presentation and Marketing.
When we visit your property for an appraisal, we’ll give you a Managing Your Property booklet to explain the process from signing the documentation to our rent arrears policy. Next, we conduct a price appraisal to find the price we feel comfortable advertising. You’ll understand the market and we decide the final price with you.
To connect with great tenants you need a well maintained property and we’ll share a checklist with you about attracting the right tenant.
- Have ALL applicants sign the application
- Have ALL applicants provided 100 point ID check
- Have ALL applicants provide 2 payslips
- Complete a National Tenancy Database Check (NTD) for ALL tenants
- Complete a Tenant Information Check Application (TICA) for ALL tenants
- Review social media for ALL applicants (includes Facebook and LinkedIn)
- Speak to their current landlords/agents Speak to previous landlords/agents
- Confirm their employment with a Manager Speak to 2 personal reference checks
Confirm Next of Kin By using the standard REIWA forms, we ensure we are covered by the governance of the institute. Once a tenant is secure all documentation is sent to our landlords at the same time as the tenant so they can review the contract before we electronically sign it on their behalf
All Residential Real Estate services provided by Finance Centre (WA) Pty Ltd trading as Gillmore Property
(ABN 16 082 631 561 Licensed Real Estate and Business Agent in WA RA76604)